Pain management facilities additionally have to submit workers’ comp claims which have a tendency to be complicated and can increase the responsibilities of a clinician who codes pain management charge.
Uncle Sam is All Over Pain Management Charges
In accordance with the Department of HHS’s Office of the Inspector General (OIG), pain management charge are among the very erroneous of all healthcare charges. This might result from the truth that several claims erroneously coded due to an inconsistency in documentation or happen to be overpaid.
A study released details of Medicare payments that were improper for processes in transforaminal epidural injection. As an effect of these findings, pain management charges is definitely in the government’s cross hairs and these practices are more likely to be audited.
In-House Auditing of Pain Management Charges
Seasoned medical billers consistently suggest medical practices to do self-audits, and ensure that data submitted to the payer, or insurance company is one hundred percent accurate. Most pain management practices evaluate their particular practice for rendering pain management services as they reviewing their office’s internal practices.
- When performing processes that are bilateral, consistently use Modifier -50 Medical Billing Pain Processes Modifie -50 expressly symbolizes process or a service that’s performed through the exact same session on either side of the body.
- Fluoroscopy can’t be charged individually on multiple occasion. Fluoroscopy is unable to be charged individually on multiple occasions OR Fluoroscopy is held contained to the CPT on different occasions:
- Mistakes in charging in lots of billing errors, which results in pain management charge result in duplicate claims made for the exact same process.
Billing Errors in Pain Management
The list below shows suggestions and common errors for clinicians should make sure they document. These are some of the big gotcha that PHR’s account managers look out for, or education our client’s about:
1. Procedures that are bilateral, make sure to always use Modifier -50
Modifier -50 specifically represents a service or procedure that is performed on both sides of the body during the same session.Fluoroscopy cannot be billed separately on multiple occasions
2. Fluoroscopy cannot be billed separately on multiple occasions
The list of CPT in the list below, the fluoroscopyseparate occasions:
- Transforaminal Epidural Steroid Injections (ESI)
- Intraarticular joint or medial branch block facet joint procedure
- Radiofrequency ablation
3. Errors in billing fluoroscopy in pain management billing result may result in duplicate claims made for the same procedure.
Duplicate claims are an easy error to spot. Better to get to corrected before final claim is forward to either a public or private insurers.
Pain Management Billing isn’t Just for Pain Management Physicians
Pain management comes in lots of flavors. It ranges from an anesthesiologist performing part time to pain management services to her or his anesthesia practice, all of the way into a free standing multidisciplinary practice which will have radiology, neurology, surgery, physical therapy, and psychology suppliers along with the pain management suppliers.
Treatment of long-term pain could make billing complex. Treatments would include some or most of the subsequent, drugs, injections, epidural or spinal injection treatments, mental/cognitive therapy, and chiropractic processes. Often there is a limit to the number of sessions and that will vary by insurer. We know this is a billing factor that needs to be reviewed with the practice.
Pain Management Billing that Exceeds Your Expectations
Preferred Health Resources offer a three-dimensional sphere of medical billing specialties that provide comprehensive support for the busy physician or surgeon whose practice demands his or her attention 24 hours a day, seven days a week. In addition to professionally and accurately submitting all your claims, Preferred Health Resources also provides the following services for one, performance-based fee:
- Personal responses to all patient billing questions
- Generation and mailing of patient statements
- Rapid posting of reimbursements
- Customized monthly statistical reports and spread sheets tracking business activity and productivity
- Application of effective collection procedures to promote remittance of outstanding receivables
- Collection and analysis of patient information
- Evaluation and recommendations for fee structuring strategies
- Over 1,200 different type of reports are available to all practices
As one of the most unique and distinguished medical billing companies in the industry, Preferred Health Resources offers thorough solutions to all of your billing and clinical practice needs. For one fee, your pain management practice will receive the benefits of working with an experienced medical billing company that takes pride in providing clients with consummate professionals possessing years of experience in the medical billing industry.
Outsourcing medical billing claim submission to PHR maximizes office competency and minimizes the expense of backlogs. Pain management practices will also no longer have to worry about rising overhead expenses, upgrading computer software, pursuing denial of payment claims or inadvertently violating HIPAA guidelines. Additional benefits provided by Preferred Health Resources include:
- Assignment of a personal account executive
- Personal response to questions (no voice recordings)
- Daily submission of claims electronically
- Productive and assertive follow-up on all claims
- PHR will bill off of your EMR or Practice Management system
Experiencing significant loss of revenue due to billing issues is both unnecessary and rectifiable. PHR’s experienced staff of authoritative medical billing are always prepared to fight for its clients to get the best reimbursements from all carriers. Let Preferred Health Resources take charge of the medical billing aspect of your pain management practice and discover the satisfaction of knowing your claims are being managed accurately, professionally and with a personal touch.
Are you Reducing your Expenses?
Preferred Health Resources clients reduce their back office expenses by using our Practice Management Software package. All you need is a PC and access to the Internet. Our Practice Management Software is all-inclusive, even our billing application is part of our standard service. There are no costly software updates or support fees. There are no hidden costs or additional charges. Or we interface with your EMR/PM system, or even learn it so there’s a total handshake with your practice.
Preferred Health Resources is a unique medical billing company. We offer a complete business solution to your medical billing and practice management needs, and we do it all for one fee. All the Services and Benefits you receive are included, even your overnight mail for shipping your demographics.
For a Free Consultation Call
If you’re a pain management practice searching for a medical billing firm that improves your reimbursements you should call PHR. Preferred Health Resources does medical billing for surgery that is customized for you, your office and patients is what we do best.
Experiencing significant loss of revenue due to billing issues is both unnecessary and rectifiable. PHR’s experienced staff of authoritative medical billing and claims processors are always prepared to fight for its clients to get the best reimbursements from all carriers. Let Preferred Health Resources take charge of the medical billing aspect of your practice and discover the satisfaction of knowing your claims are being managed accurately, professionally and with a personal touch.