Preferred Health Resources extends its services beyond the assistance provided by traditional claims processing centers and has extensive experience in medical billing for nephrology.
PHR is fully versed on the nuances of nephrology charge. From bill monthly care for peritoneal dialysis and hemodialysis to appending proper procedural modifiers, PHR will assist your practice to identify trouble areas. For example, are you aware compensation for dialysis session oversight demands the attending physicians to show up within a process? Have you been charging a 90935 instead of a 90937? Or the new ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS for diagnosis coding and inpatient hospital coding regarding specified procedures.
Nephrology treatment ranges over a broad spectrum of analysis and can necessitate testing, wide-ranging knowledge and focus. Complex ailments code and to diagnose for may contain:
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Remove Extra Fluid
- Equilibrium Distinct Minerals/Substance
- Create Hormones
- Assistance with Vitamin D Generation
Kidney disease happens when there’s damage to the kidneys that might or might not result in GFR or a lesser than standard Glomerular Filtration Rate. CKD or chronic Kidney Disease is diagnosed when kidney damage exists for 3 or more consecutive months.
Here are a number of the complications which compound billing with Nephrology such as hospital visits and related coding:
- 90935 (dialysis) isn’t payable with follow up 99231-99233 only Essential Care (99291)/First/Discharge
- 90935 (dialysis) is payable with essential care (99291-99292)/ first (99221-99223) and discharge (99238 9); add modifier 25 to principal (non-dialysis) charge
- 36514- It’s crucial that you attach code that is medically essential
- Daily/Visitors (90970) we charge the day before/day after treatment with amount/date period
Preferred Health Resources offer a three-dimensional sphere of medical billing specialties that provide comprehensive support for the busy physician or surgeon whose practice demands his or her attention 24 hours a day, seven days a week. In addition to professionally and accurately submitting all your claims, Preferred Health Resources also provides the following services for one, performance-based fee:
- Personal responses to all patient billing questions
- Generation and mailing of patient statements
- Rapid posting of reimbursements
- Customized monthly statistical reports and spread sheets tracking business activity and productivity
- Application of effective collection procedures to promote remittance of outstanding receivables
- Collection and analysis of patient information
- Evaluation and recommendations for fee structuring strategies
- Over 1,200 different type of reports are available to all practices
Medical Billing for Nephrology – By Billing Experts
As one of the most unique and distinguished medical billing companies in the industry, Preferred Health Resources offers thorough solutions to all of your billing and clinical practice needs. For one fee, physicians and surgeons receive the benefits of working with an experienced medical billing company that takes pride in providing clients with consummate professionals possessing years of experience in the medical billing industry. Outsourcing medical billing claim submission to PHR maximizes office competency and minimizes the expense of backlogs. Nephrologists will also no longer have to worry about rising overhead expenses, upgrading computer software, pursuing denial of payment claims or inadvertently violating HIPAA guidelines. Here are some of the day-to-day reasons why PHR is the right billing company for your practice:
- Assignment of a personal account executive
- Personal response to questions (no voice recordings)
- Daily submission of claims electronically
- Productive and assertive follow-up on all claims
- PHR will bill off of your EMR or billing system.
PHR is getting ready for MIPS
We are also forward looking, we know that effective January 1, 2017, the Meaningful Use (MU) Electronic Health Record Incentive Program, Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS), and Value-Based Modifier (VBM) program will be consolidated into the new Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) program. The CMS will set a performance thresholdscore each year that equals the mean ormedian of all eligable clinicians (EC’s) MIPS scores from a prior period. We can provide the reporting to help you decide on what track makes the most sense for your practice.
Are you Reducing your Expenses?
Preferred Health Resources clients reduce their back office expenses by using our Practice Management Software package. All you need is a PC and access to the Internet. Our Practice Management Software is all-inclusive, even our billing application is part of our standard service. There are no costly software updates or support fees. There are no hidden costs or additional charges. Or we interface with your EMR/PM system, or even learn it so there’s a total handshake with your practice.
Preferred Health Resources is a unique medical billing company. We offer a complete business solution to your medical billing and practice management needs, and we do it all for one fee. All the Services and Benefits you receive are included, even your overnight mail for shipping your demographics.
Finally, according to the Dermatology Times, the average medical billing company fee is 8.5% nationwide. Our fee is below the national average. Our goal is simply to provide the highest return on your claims, without sacrificing service or patient support, at a competitive price.
For a Free Consultation Call
If you’re a surgeon searching for a medical billing firm that improves your reimbursements you should call PHR. Preferred Health Resources does medical billing for surgery that is customized for you, your office and patients is what we do best.
Experiencing significant loss of revenue due to billing issues is both unnecessary and rectifiable. PHR’s experienced staff of authoritative medical billing and claims processors are always prepared to fight for its clients to get the best reimbursements from all carriers. Let Preferred Health Resources take charge of the medical billing aspect of your nephrology practice and discover the satisfaction of knowing your claims are being managed accurately, professionally and with a personal touch.